Jump to Main Content
- Sahoo, Ambika, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.134 pp. 388-402
- Curcuma longa; color; cultivars; curcumin; gene expression regulation; genes; messenger RNA; microsatellite repeats; sequence diversity; single nucleotide polymorphism; transcriptome; transcriptomics; turmeric
- ... Turmeric contains a yellow color pigment that is curcumin, based on which different cultivars of turmeric have been released so far. Limited molecular studies on different pigment synthesis genes and lack of cultivar specific SSRs and SNPs in turmeric have confined the scope of identification of turmeric and establishment of their genetic makeup. In this study de novo transcriptome assembly of fou ...
- Sahoo, Ambika, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2019
- Bayesian theory; Hedychium coronarium; beta-pinene; breeding programs; cineole; cluster analysis; essential oils; genetic improvement; genetic markers; genetic variation; leaf length; leaf width; leaves; linalool; microsatellite repeats; models; population genetics; population structure; provenance; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; rhizomes; variance; India
- ... Hedychium coronarium (Zingiberaceae) is a perennial rhizomatous herb widely used for its aromatic, cosmetic and medicinal value. In the present research, the morphological, phytochemical and molecular diversity was assessed for 50 H. coronarium accessions collected from different states of Eastern India. The accessions were morphologically diverse with leaf number, leaf length, leaf width, rhizome ...