Jump to Main Content
- He, Xuelai; Lee, Kwang Sik; Kim, Bo Yeon; Lee, Kyeong Yong; Ko, Hyeon Jin; Jia, Jingming; Yoon, Hyung Joo; Jin, Byung Rae
- Journal of Asia-Pacific entomology 2019 v.22 no.1 pp. 19-24
- Scolopendra, etc ; apoptosis; caspase-1; cell growth; cysteine; cytotoxicity; insects; mice; neurotoxins; peptides; proteins; venoms; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Centipede venom contains a variety of proteins, peptides, and enzymes. However, the biological actions of toxin peptides in centipede venom remain largely unknown. In this study, we identified a centipede (Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans) venom toxin peptide (SsmTP) that was shown to act as a cell growth factor at low concentrations-in vitro. SsmTP was found to consist of 66 amino acids that disp ...
- Zhao, JingQuan; Yang, Jianmei; Hao, Zerui; An, Yulin; Zhang, Mingqiang; Liu, Jie; Ren, Rongrong; Lin, Dianjie
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.19 pp. 10927-10936
- Scolopendra, etc ; apoptosis; caspases; cell lines; cytotoxicity; humans; lung neoplasms; membrane potential; metastasis; mitochondria; mitochondrial membrane; neoplasm cells; oligopeptides; prognosis; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Lung cancer is the most frequent cause of cancer deaths in the world, and smoking is considered as one of the major causes. Small cell lung carcinoma (SCLC) represents a highly malignant and particularly aggressive form, with properties of widespread metastases and poor prognosis. Herein, twenty-five Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans L. Koch Oligopeptides (SSMOs) were isolated and their structures ...