Jump to Main Content
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nutrient cycling in agroecosystems 2019 v.113 no.1 pp. 1-19
- agroecological zones; clay; climate; corn; exchangeable potassium; farmers; farms; fertilizers; food security; landscapes; meta-analysis; nutrient use efficiency; rain; regression analysis; silt fraction; soil pH; soil types; texture; Kenya
- ... Improving fertilizer recommendations for farmers is essential to increase food security in smallholder landscapes. Currently, blanket recommendations are provided across agro-ecological zones, although fertilizer response and nutrient use efficiency by maize crop are spatially variable. We aimed to identify factors that could help to refine fertilizer recommendation by analyzing the variability in ...
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Geoderma 2019 v.337 pp. 413-424
- X-ray diffraction; cluster analysis; computational methodology; data collection; human resources; minerals; protocols; quantitative analysis; rapid methods; soil mineralogy; soil properties
- ... X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD) is widely applied for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of soil mineralogy. In recent years, high-throughput XRPD has resulted in soil XRPD datasets containing thousands of samples. The efforts required for conventional approaches of soil XRPD data analysis are currently restrictive for such large data sets, resulting in a need for computational methods that ...