Jump to Main Content
- Silva, Hugo L.A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2019 v.54 pp. 241-248
- Lactobacillus casei; Streptococcus mutans; Streptococcus parasanguinis; Streptococcus salivarius; biofilm; enamel; ewe milk; hardness; inoculum; micro-computed tomography; models; polystyrenes; probiotics; starter cultures
- ... The effects of probiotic fermented sheep’s milk containing Lactobacillus casei 01 on enamel demineralization and microorganism counts in a mixed biofilm model were investigated. Enamel blocks (N = 50) were fixed in polystyrene plates in which a mixed biofilm (Streptococcus mutans 25175, Streptococcus parasanguinis 903, and Streptococcus salivarius 8618) was formed. The mature biofilm was treated f ...
- Silva, Hugo L.A., et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Food research international 2019 v.123 pp. 697-703
- Lactobacillus; air; cheeses; cigarettes; dairy consumption; erythrocyte count; inducible nitric oxide synthase; lactate dehydrogenase; leukocytes; lipid peroxidation; liver; lungs; males; mice; oxidative stress; probiotics; reactive oxygen species; smoke
- ... The efficacy of probiotic Prato cheese against the inflammatory and oxidative damage in mice organs induced by cigarette smoke exposure was investigated. Forty C57BL/6 male mice were assigned to four groups: (CS) exposed to cigarette smoke and fed regular chow; (CS + C) exposed to cigarette smoke and fed daily conventional cheese ad libitum; (CS + PC) exposed to cigarette smoke and fed daily probi ...