Jump to Main Content
- Solovchenko, A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2019 v.830 no.1 pp. 17-31
- Cyanobacteria; coasts; databases; environmental factors; habitats; metagenomics; microbial communities; taxonomy
- ... Cyanobacteria characterized by exceptional tolerance to environmental stresses often become pioneer settlers in habitats with harsh conditions. There, they can constitute the core of microbial communities. The taxonomic composition of the cyanobacterial component of algal–bacterial consortia dwelling in a habitat with particularly harsh conditions (rock baths at the coast of Kandalaksha Bay of the ...
- Solovchenko, A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochimica et biophysica acta 2019
- Haematococcus pluvialis; astaxanthin; chlorophyll; energy; heat; light intensity; microalgae; models; photochemistry; photostability; photosynthesis; physiological state; proteins; stress tolerance; transcriptomics; vegetative cells
- ... The microalga Haematococcus lacustris (formerly H. pluvialis) is the richest source of the valuable pigment astaxanthin, accumulated in red aplanospores (haematocysts). In this work, we report on the photoprotective mechanisms in H. lacustris, conveying this microalga its ability to cope with a wide range of adverse conditions, with special emphasis put on non-photochemical quenching (NPQ) of the ...