Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Baoshan, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 2019 v.59 no.4 pp. 563-579
- analytical methods; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; color; grapes; polymerization; polymers; proanthocyanidins; red wines; sensory properties; winemaking
- ... Phenolic compounds are important constituents of red wine, contributing to its sensory properties and antioxidant activity. Owing to the diversity and structural complexity, study of these compounds was mainly limited, during the last three decades, on their low-molecular-mass compounds or simple phenolic compounds. Only in recent years, much attention has been paid to highly polymerized polypheno ...
- Sun, Baoshan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.278 pp. 609-616
- bioactive properties; catechin; countercurrent chromatography; epicatechin; grape seeds; hydrochloric acid; procyanidins; response surface methodology; temperature
- ... Polymeric procyanidins (PPCs) were the major constituents of procyanidins, while they have poor bioactivity. To better utilize PPCs, a semisynthetic approach for converting PPCs to oligomeric procyanidins (OPCs) was proposed. Grape seed PPCs were simultaneously reacted with catechin (C) and epicatechin (EC) under acid condition. Combining response surface methodology (RSM) and single-factor experi ...