Jump to Main Content
- Wagner, R. A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Thejournal of small animal practice 2019 v.60 no.3 pp. 153-160
- Cynomys ludovicianus; captive animals; diarrhea; dog diseases; gastrointestinal system; hypothermia; medical records; obesity; pets; retrospective studies; rhinitis; veterinary clinics
- ... OBJECTIVES: To describe the health disorders seen in captivity in 206 pet prairie dogs. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Review of medical records of pet prairie dogs that were presented to a veterinary clinic in the period January 2002 to December 2011. RESULTS: The most frequent diseases were respiratory (28.2%), dental (25.2%), integumentary (22.3%) and digestive (19.4%). The most common clinical disorde ...
- da Silva, Wagner R., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Tropical zoology 2019 v.32 no.1 pp. 10-18
- Leptodactylus; hardness; insect larvae; landscapes; nesting sites; nests; oviposition sites; ponds; predation; predators; progeny; soil; streams; surface water; tadpoles
- ... Proper nest site selection can reflect risk avoidance to offspring. We searched for oviposition site selection and features related to this behavior in the basing-digging foam-nesting Leptodactylus labyrinthicus and Leptodactylus syphax, both species have tadpoles that initially develop in terrestrial nests but complete their larval phase in water. To both species we compared environmental feature ...