Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Yingmei, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food & function 2019 v.10 no.7 pp. 4153-4165
- Bacteroidetes; Firmicutes; animal disease models; bioavailability; energy metabolism; fat intake; genistein; high fat diet; hyperlipidemia; inflammation; intestinal microorganisms; lipogenesis; liver; metabolic syndrome; metabolites; mice; obesity; oxidative stress; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma; polysaccharides; soybeans; weight gain
- ... This study aimed to explore a novel strategy for the simultaneous consumption of soluble soybean polysaccharides (SSPS) and insoluble genistein to improve the bioavailability of genistein and its prevention against obesity and metabolic syndrome in high-fat diet (HFD)-induced obese mice. C57BL/6J mice were fed a normal diet and HFD supplemented or not (n = 8) with SSPS (2.5%), genistein (0.5%) and ...
- Wu, Yingmei, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of food science 2019 v.84 no.4 pp. 726-737
- absorbance; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; caffeic acid; chlorogenic acid; food processing; fruits; hesperidin; isomerization; loquats; multivariate analysis; polyphenols; principal component analysis; protocatechuic acid; vacuum drying
- ... The current study evaluated the effects of vacuum drying on the whole polyphenol profile of loquat fruit, including extractive and nonextractive polyphenols. Absorbance analysis determined that total polyphenol content and antioxidant levels were higher in loquat fruit vacuum dried at 140 °C than in loquat fruit vacuum dried at 70 °C. The results of ultra‐HPLC–triple quadruple mass spectrum analys ...