Jump to Main Content
- Wynn, Jonathan G., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2019 v.97 pp. 269-279
- Taxodium distichum var. imbricarium; bulk density; community structure; environmental health; environmental indicators; freshwater; grasses; groundwater; groundwater extraction; health status; highlands; indicator species; monitoring; nitrogen; nitrogen content; soil organic carbon; soil sampling; soil water; soil water content; soil water retention; stable isotopes; warm season; water holding capacity; water management; wetlands; Florida
- ... Groundwater pumping in west-central Florida has caused water table declines that disrupt hydroperiods and negatively impact already threatened, geographically isolated freshwater wetlands in this region. Currently, aboveground biological indicators are used to determine the health status of wetlands impacted by groundwater withdrawals, however some soil properties, such as organic matter content, ...
- Wynn, Jonathan G., et al. Show all 23 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2019 v.514 pp. 723-738
- Magnoliopsida; Miocene epoch; Primates; coastal plains; ecosystems; estuaries; fauna; fish; fossils; freshwater; habitats; invertebrates; landscapes; mammals; maritime climate; national parks; paleoanthropology; paleobiogeography; paleoecology; reptiles; sediments; trees; woodlands; Mozambique
- ... The East African Rift System (EARS) has played a central role in our understanding of human origins and vertebrate evolution in the late Cenozoic of Africa. However, the distribution of fossil sites along the rift is highly biased towards its northern extent, and the types of paleoenvironments are primarily restricted to fluvial and lacustrine settings. Here we report the discovery of the first fo ...