Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Chun-Xue, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.289 pp. 121642
- Proteobacteria; acidification; activated sludge; chemical oxygen demand; fermentation; hydrolases; iron; methanogens; pH; polymers; potassium; short chain fatty acids; total suspended solids
- ... This study reported an efficient approach, i.e., alkaline followed by potassium ferrate (PF) pretreatment, to enhance short chain fatty acids (SCFAs) production from waste activated sludge anaerobic fermentation process. The optimum condition was initial pH of 10.0 and PF dosage of 28 mg Fe(VI)/g total suspended solid, with the highest SCFAs production of 382 mg chemical oxygen demand/g volatile s ...
- Yang, Chun-Xue, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Bioresource technology reports 2019 v.6 pp. 168-174
- Geobacillus; acidification; activated sludge; amino acids; chemical oxygen demand; community structure; fermentation; genes; hydrolysis; microbial communities; phylogeny; proteins; proteolysis; thermophilic bacteria; volatile fatty acids; waste treatment
- ... Employment of thermophilic bacteria for the pretreatment of waste activated sludge is one of efficient biological processes, which also benefits further sludge digestion. After pretreatment, volatile fatty acids production in the fermentation process was increased to 2521 ± 24 mg COD/L, which was 43% high compared to the control. The shift of microbial community structure from thermophilic pretrea ...