Jump to Main Content
- Ye, Yuzhen, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2019 v.85 pp. 74-81
- acid deposition; aluminum; anions; arsenic; bauxite; bicarbonates; biosolids; carbonates; electrical conductivity; leachates; leaching; metabolism; metal ions; microorganisms; molybdenum; neutralization; organic acids and salts; organic matter; pH; phosphogypsum; pollution; pollution control; sodium; soil; vermicomposts; water solubility
- ... A column leaching experiment was used to investigate the efficacy of amendments on their ability to remove alkaline anions and metal ions from bauxite residue leachates. Treatments included, simulated acid rain (AR), phosphogypsum + vermicompost (PVC), phosphogypsum + vermicompost + simulated acid rain (PVA), and biosolids + microorganisms (BSM) together with controls (CK). Results indicated that ...
- Ye, Yuzhen, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2019 v.78 pp. 276-286
- aggregate stability; bauxite; byproducts; fractal dimensions; gypsum; industry; land degradation; micro-computed tomography; microstructure; porosity; refining; scanning electron microscopy; soil formation; surface area; vegetation; vermicomposts
- ... Bauxite residue is a highly alkaline byproduct which is routinely discarded at residue disposal areas. Improving soil formation process to revegetate the special degraded lands is a promising strategy for sustainable management of the refining industry. A laboratory incubation experiment was used to evaluate the effects of gypsum and vermicompost on stable aggregate formation of bauxite residue. A ...