Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Yonghui, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Toxicon 2019 v.157 pp. 101-105
- fungi; humans; invertebrates; peptides; potassium channels
- ... The classical potassium channel inhibitors are toxin peptides from venomous animals, and whether there are peptide inhibitors from other species is an open question. Due to both the independent and interdependent relationships between the spear (peptide inhibitors) and the shield (potassium channels), human defensins were first identified by our group as endogenous potassium channel inhibitors. En ...
- Zhao, Yonghui, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2019 v.92 no.1 pp. 1346-1354
- DNA; DNA methylation; bisulfites; genes; hydrophobicity; proteins; proteomics; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis
- ... 5-Methylcytosine is found in both DNA and RNA; although its functions in DNA are well established, the exact role of 5-methylcytidine (m⁵C) in RNA remains poorly defined. Here we identified, by employing a quantitative proteomics method, multiple candidate recognition proteins of m⁵C in RNA, including several YTH domain-containing family (YTHDF) proteins. We showed that YTHDF2 could bind directly ...
- PubMed Central: