Jump to Main Content
- Benoit, Matthias; Simon, Lauriane; Desset, Sophie; Duc, Céline; Cotterell, Sylviane; Poulet, Axel; Le Goff, Samuel; Tatout, Christophe; Probst, Aline V.
- Thenew phytologist 2019 v.221 no.1 pp. 385-398
- chromocenters, etc ; Arabidopsis; DNA; heterochromatin; histones; loci; mutants; nucleosomes; phase transition; photosynthesis; post-translational modification; repetitive sequences; seedlings; transcription (genetics); Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Developmental phase transitions are often characterized by changes in the chromatin landscape and heterochromatin reorganization. In Arabidopsis, clustering of repetitive heterochromatic loci into so‐called chromocenters is an important determinant of chromosome organization in nuclear space. Here, we investigated the molecular mechanisms involved in chromocenter formation during the switch from a ...
- Kurita, Kazuki; Sakamoto, Yuki; Naruse, Sota; Matsunaga, Tomoko M.; Arata, Hideyuki; Higashiyama, Tetsuya; Habu, Yoshiki; Utsumi, Yoshinori; Utsumi, Chikako; Tanaka, Maho; Takahashi, Satoshi; Kim, Jong-Myong; Seki, Motoaki; Sakamoto, Takuya; Matsunaga, Sachihiro
- Journal of plant research 2019 v.132 no.5 pp. 629-640
- chromocenters, etc ; Arabidopsis thaliana; acetates; acetic acid; acetylation; acid treatment; cassava; drought tolerance; epigenetics; eukaryotic cells; gene silencing; genes; heterochromatin; histone acetyltransferase; histone code; histone deacetylase; histones; image analysis; models; rice; root meristems; water stress; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Histone modification is an important epigenetic mechanism in eukaryotes. Histone acetyltransferase and deacetylase regulate histone acetylation levels antagonistically, leading to dynamic control of chromatin structure. One of the histone deacetylases, HDA6, is involved in gene silencing in the heterochromatin regions, chromocenter formation, and metabolic adaptation under drought stress. Although ...