Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Maoshen; Lu, Juhui; Liu, Fei; Nsor-Atindana, John; Xu, Feifei; Goff, H. Douglas; Ma, Jianguo; Zhong, Fang
- Food hydrocolloids 2019 v.88 pp. 247-255
- convicilin, etc ; adsorption; emulsifiers; emulsifying; emulsions; gel chromatography; hydrocolloids; hydrophobicity; legumin; molecular weight; nitrogen; pea protein; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; solubility; vicilin; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... In order to expand the natural food emulsifier applications of pea proteins, the emulsifying stability and competitive relationship of interfacial adsorption were investigated. The protein extracted at 90 °C had the highest nitrogen solubility index and surface hydrophobicity. The molecular weight distributions analyzed by high-performance size exclusion chromatography demonstrated that over 60% o ...
- Glusac, Jovana; Davidesko-Vardi, Ilil; Isaschar-Ovdat, Sivan; Kukavica, Biljana; Fishman, Ayelet
- Food research international 2019 v.116 pp. 370-378
- convicilin, etc ; adsorption; cheeses; chemical bonding; crosslinking; emulsions; homogenization; meat; oils; particle size; pea protein; sauces; solubilization; vegan diet; vicilin; viscosity; zein; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The effect of tyrosinase-crosslinking of pea protein and pea-zein complexes on the properties of concentrated o/w emulsions was studied in the present work. Emulsions comprising 2% pea protein (w/w) solubilized in the aqueous phase (60% w/w) with or without zein solubilized in the oil phase (40% w/v), were fabricated by using high pressure homogenization. Tyrosinase treated emulsions (TyrBm-crossl ...