Jump to Main Content
- van Rompay, Thomas J.L., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Food quality and preference 2019 v.73 pp. 248-254
- food choices; healthy diet; packaging; potato chips; saltiness; sensory evaluation; supermarkets; taste; texture
- ... Previous research demonstrates that surface textures of product packaging and sample cups can steer basic taste perceptions and product evaluations. This study investigates whether saltiness perceptions and related product evaluations following consumption of potato chips can be enhanced through texture design. Additionally, this study includes both regular chips and no-salt chips in order to test ...
- van Rompay, Thomas J.L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Appetite 2019 v.135 pp. 72-78
- cognition; marketing; prediction; taste; visual perception
- ... Based on the embodied cognition framework and research addressing transfer effects between visual perception and taste, the point of departure for this study is the widespread association between vertical orientation and connotations related to luxury and (economic) power. Specifically, this study tests whether vertical orientation not only affects impressions of product luxury, but also influence ...