Jump to Main Content
- Gołębiowska-Pikania, Gabriela, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2019 v.41 no.3 pp. 38
- Monographella nivalis; Triticosecale; ferulic acid; genotype; high performance liquid chromatography; hybrids; mycelium; overwintering; parents; seedlings; temperature; triticale; winter
- ... Tolerance to the pink snow mould resulting from Microdochium nivale infection is an essential trait of triticale (x Triticosecale) for winter survival. In the present study, we aimed to verify whether the presence and concentration of free and cell wall-bound phenolic acids are important factors in triticale responses to M. nivale infection. Based on 3 years’ testing of triticale tolerance, 2 out ...
- Gołębiowska, Dorota, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Urban ecosystems 2019 v.22 no.3 pp. 435-442
- Apodemus agrarius; anthropogenic activities; anthropogenic stressors; antibodies; birds; body weight; cities; corticosterone; ecosystems; energy; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fearfulness; feces; food availability; humans; mice; rural population; small mammals; stress response; urban areas; weight gain
- ... Animals’ adaptation to life in cities is a widely studied issue in ecology. One such adaptation is the adjustment of stress response to new conditions and anthropogenic disturbances. There are various examples of such adjustments in urban birds, but the stress response of non-avian species has rarely been investigated. We studied an urban and a rural population of a small mammal, the striped field ...