Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Chao; Liu, Guobin; Song, Zilin; Wang, Jie; Guo, Liang
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2018 v.124 pp. 47-58
- Acidobacteria; Leotiomycetes; Sordariomycetes; alpha-Proteobacteria; arid lands; belowground biomass; chronosequences; community structure; ecological succession; edaphic factors; environmental degradation; enzyme activity; fungal communities; fungi; grasslands; grazing; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; microbial biomass; nitrate nitrogen; organic carbon; plant communities; plants (botany); soil bacteria; soil nutrients; soil water content; species diversity; China
- ... Microbial succession has been extensively investigated during the restoration of degraded environments, but the interactions of microbes with plants and soils have not been well documented. We examined changes in the plant communities, soil variables, and microbial communities of grasslands after different periods of grazing exclusion (0, 10, 25, and 35 y) on the Loess Plateau in China. The microb ...
- Liu, Hai; Huang, Jianguo; Yuan, Ling
- Applied soil ecology 2018 v.124 pp. 1-6
- Acidobacteria; Actinobacteria; Artemisia annua; Proteobacteria; artemisinin; bacterial communities; carbon; community structure; disease occurrence; enzyme activity; exudation; hosts; leaves; medicinal plants; metabolism; microbial activity; microbial biomass; nitrogen; nucleotide sequences; phylotype; reproduction; ribosomal DNA; risk; soil; soil bacteria; urease
- ... The anti-malarial drug artemisinin is extracted from the leaves of Artemisia annua L. The potential risk of artemisinin released from leaf debris and root exudation of this medicinal plant is unknown for microbes in soils where commercial cultivation of A. annua L. is practiced. Thus, a soil incubation experiment was conducted to compare microbial biomass, enzyme activities, and bacterial communit ...