Jump to Main Content
- Sharon Olivera; K. Chaitra; Krishna Venkatesh; Handanahally Basavarajaiah Muralidhara; Inamuddin; Abdullah M. Asiri; Mohd Imran Ahamed
- Environmental chemistry letters 2018 v.16 no.4 pp. 1233-1246
- adsorbents; adsorption; arsenic; cadmium; catalytic activity; ceric oxide; cerium; chromium; cost effectiveness; decontamination; drinking water; fluorides; human health; kinetics; lead; mercury; metal ions; moieties; porosity; semiconductors; sorption isotherms; surface area; toxicity; water pollution; water treatment
- ... The presence of contaminants in potable water is a cause of worldwide concern. In particular, the presence of metals such as arsenic, lead, cadmium, mercury, chromium can affect human health. There is thus a need for advanced techniques of water decontamination. Adsorbents based on cerium dioxide (CeO₂), also named ‘ceria,’ have been used to remove contaminants such as arsenic, fluoride, lead and ...
- Muhammad Naveed; Saifullah; Umair Riaz; Ghulam Murtaza; Sadia Bibi; Ammara Arooj; Qamar uz Zaman
- Paddy and water environment 2018 v.16 no.4 pp. 867-873
- Oryza sativa; cadmium; food chain; food quality; grain yield; growing season; heading; hulls; human health; plant height; rice; sewage; soil; straw; trace elements; water management
- ... Sewage contains several trace elements of environmental concern, and cadmium (Cd) is one of the most mobile elements in soil–plant system that can pose drastic effects on plants and human health due to its long persistence and non-biodegradability nature in environment. It is necessary to prevent its entry into food chain for better food quality and human health. Present study was designed to eval ...