Jump to Main Content
- Piwosz, Kasia; Kaftan, David; Dean, Jason; Šetlík, Jiří; Koblížek, Michal
- Environmental microbiology 2018 v.20 no.2 pp. 724-733
- Roseobacter; acetates; bacteriochlorophyll; biomass; electron transfer; energy; equations; glucose; leucine; light intensity; metabolism; microbial communities; models; organic carbon; photoheterotrophs; photons; photosynthetic bacteria; pigmentation; pyruvic acid
- ... Aerobic anoxygenic photosynthetic bacteria are an important component of marine microbial communities. They produce energy in light using bacteriochlorophyll a containing photosystems. This extra energy provides an advantage over purely heterotrophic bacteria. One of the most intensively studied AAP bacteria is Dinoroseobacter shibae, a member of the environmentally important Roseobacter clade. Li ...
- Akar, Tamer; Uzun, Cansu; Çelik, Sema; Akar, Sibel Tunali
- International journal of phytoremediation 2018 v.20 no.2 pp. 145-152
- Neurospora sitophila; Phragmites australis; artificial colors; biomass; biosorbents; biosorption; compliance; decolorization; fungi; metals; models; phytoremediation; plant tissues; pollutants; scanning electron microscopy; sorption isotherms; temperature; wastewater
- ... Biosorption is an effective alternative method for the control of water pollution caused by different pollutants such as synthetic dyes and metals. A new and efficient biomass system was developed from the passively immobilized fungal cells. The spongy tissue of Phragmites australis was considered as the carrier for the immobilization of Neurospora sitophila cells employed for the biosorption of B ...