Jump to Main Content
- Deniz, Fatih; Ersanli, Elif Tezel
- International journal of phytoremediation 2018 v.20 no.2 pp. 138-144
- Chaetomorpha; Cystoseira; Polysiphonia; Ulva; aqueous solutions; biosorbents; biosorption; ions; macroalgae; manganese; models; pH; phytoremediation; sorption isotherms; thermodynamics
- ... A composite phyco-biomass including four different marine macroalgae species (Chaetomorpha sp., Polysiphonia sp., Ulva sp., and Cystoseira sp.) was evaluated as a novel biosorbent for the biosorption of manganese ions from aqueous solution. The experimental studies were performed to optimize the operational factors including solution pH, biosorbent amount, initial manganese concentration, and reac ...
- Akar, Tamer; Uzun, Cansu; Çelik, Sema; Akar, Sibel Tunali
- International journal of phytoremediation 2018 v.20 no.2 pp. 145-152
- Neurospora sitophila; Phragmites australis; artificial colors; biomass; biosorbents; biosorption; compliance; decolorization; fungi; metals; models; phytoremediation; plant tissues; pollutants; scanning electron microscopy; sorption isotherms; temperature; wastewater
- ... Biosorption is an effective alternative method for the control of water pollution caused by different pollutants such as synthetic dyes and metals. A new and efficient biomass system was developed from the passively immobilized fungal cells. The spongy tissue of Phragmites australis was considered as the carrier for the immobilization of Neurospora sitophila cells employed for the biosorption of B ...