Jump to Main Content
- Pajović-Šćepanović, Radmila; Wendelin, Silvia; Eder, Reinhard
- European food research & technology 2018 v.244 no.12 pp. 2243-2254
- Vitis vinifera; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; chromatography; coumaric acids; discriminant analysis; flavanols; food research; hydroxybenzoic acids; principal component analysis; red wines; stilbenes; wine cultivars; Montenegro
- ... The present work intends to study, for the first time, the characterization of the phenolic composition (hydroxycinnamic and hydroxybenzoic acids derivatives, stilbenes, anthocyanins, and flavan-3-ols) of Montenegrin autochthonous varietal wines Vranac, Kratošija, and an international recognized variety, Cabernet Sauvignon, from different locations of Montenegro, under the same conditions and enol ...
- Tabart, Jessica; Pincemail, Joël; Kevers, Claire; Defraigne, Jean-Olivier; Dommes, Jacques
- European food research & technology 2018 v.244 no.12 pp. 2085-2094
- anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; bioactive compounds; boiling; broccoli; cabbage; glucosinolates; health promotion; leaching; microwave cooking; microwave treatment; polyphenols; steaming; sulforaphane
- ... The objective of this study is to investigate the effects of three home cooking methods traditionally used all around the world (boiling, steaming and microwaving) in two vegetables: broccoli and red cabbage. Their effects on phytochemical content (i.e., polyphenols, ascorbic acid, anthocyanins, glucosinolates, and sulforaphane) and on total antioxidant capacity were investigated. Steaming and mic ...