Jump to Main Content
- Tang, Kai Xing; Shi, Tiange; Gänzle, Michael
- European food research & technology 2018 v.244 no.12 pp. 2203-2212
- Escherichia coli; Lactobacillus plantarum; Lactobacillus sakei; Pediococcus acidilactici; Pediococcus pentosaceus; Staphylococcus carnosus; bacterial enzymes; beef; cell viability; fermentation; fermented meat; food research; free amino acids; glutamic acid; lactic acid bacteria; meat aging; models; sausages; starter cultures; taste; virulent strains
- ... The accumulation of taste-active compounds during ripening determines the taste of fermented meats; however, the contribution of defined starter cultures to glutamate during sausage ripening remains unknown. This study investigated the role of lactic acid bacteria and Staphylococcus carnosus on the accumulation of free amino acids during dry sausage fermentation. A sausage model system was develop ...
- Agrimonti, Caterina; Marmiroli, Nelson
- European food research & technology 2018 v.244 no.12 pp. 2127-2140
- DNA; Vitis; alleles; cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; chloroplasts; fermentation; food research; microsatellite repeats; polymerase chain reaction; silica; wines
- ... Genetic identification of varieties of grapevines in finished wines is still debated: several papers showed that DNA is extracted and analysed by PCR rather easily from the must, but few barely reproducible results have been presented for DNA extracted in wines after fermentation. This work experimented a method based on CTAB followed by silica purification with NucleoSpin Plant Kit columns to ext ...