Jump to Main Content
- Karlíková, Radana; Široká, Jitka; Mech, Marek; Friedecký, David; Janečková, Hana; Mádrová, Lucie; Hrdinová, Františka; Drábková, Zuzana; Dobešová, Olga; Adam, Tomáš; Jahn, Petr
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 1768-1772
- Haflinger; blood serum; carnitine; creatine kinase; fetus; foals; grazing; mare milk; mares; metabolites; muscular diseases; neonates; pastures; placenta; pregnancy; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); trees
- ... The case of atypical myopathy (AM) in newborn Haflinger foal with clinical signs of depression and weakness appearing 6 hours after birth resulting in recumbency 12 hours after birth is described. The foal's dam was diagnosed with AM in the 6th month of gestation based on clinical signs of a myopathy, elevated serum activity of creatine kinase, metabolomic analysis and the presence of methylenecyc ...
- Barko, Patrick C.; Williams, David A.
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 1600-1608
- alpha-tocopherol; blood serum; case-control studies; dogs; enzymes; high performance liquid chromatography; homeostasis; radioimmunoassays; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); statistical analysis; therapeutics; vitamin A; vitamin status; vitamin supplements; weight loss
- ... BACKGROUND: In humans, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) is associated with deficiencies in lipid‐soluble vitamins. Little is reported regarding lipid‐soluble vitamin status in dogs with EPI. HYPOTHESIS/OBJECTIVES: Compare serum concentrations of retinol, 25‐hydrocholecalciferol (25OHD), and α‐tocopherol among dogs with EPI, those with subclinical EPI (sEPI), and healthy dogs. Detect associa ...