Jump to Main Content
- Ganus, J. E.; Mullen, D. M.; Miller, B. T.; Cobb, V. A.
- Journal of applied ichthyology 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 331-340
- Acipenser fulvescens; Carya; acoustics; adults; fecundity; habitat preferences; juveniles; lakes; life tables; models; mortality; rivers; spawning; stocking rate; sturgeon; ultrasonics; Tennessee
- ... Whereas lake sturgeon Acipenser fulvescens stocking began in the Cumberland River system in 2006, reservoir‐specific data are needed to assess restoration efforts as well as provide information to support sturgeon management decisions. The purpose of this study was to (i) assess dam passage and emigration rates of tagged hatchery‐reared juvenile lake sturgeon through the Cheatham and Old Hickory l ...
- Donofrio, M. C.; Scribner, K. T.; Baker, E. A.; Kanefsky, J.; Tsehaye, I.; Elliott, R. F.
- Journal of applied ichthyology 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 302-313
- Acipenser fulvescens; acoustics; adults; breeding; females; genotyping; habitats; haplotypes; males; microsatellite repeats; migratory behavior; mitochondrial DNA; philopatry; probability; rivers; spawning; spring; streams; sturgeon; surgery; telemetry; Lake Michigan; Wisconsin
- ... The primary objective of this study was to use direct (acoustic telemetry) and indirect (genetic assignment) methods to characterize basic aspects of lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens Rafinesque, 1817) breeding ecology. Specifically, data on natal origin, spawning habitat, spawn sex‐size structure, and sex‐specific residence times, spawning site fidelity, seasonal movements and degree of strayin ...