Jump to Main Content
- Togashi, Henrique Fürstenau; Atkin, Owen K.; Bloomfield, Keith J.; Bradford, Matt; Cao, Kunfang; Dong, Ning; Evans, Bradley J.; Fan, Zexin; Harrison, Sandy P.; Hua, Zhu; Liddell, Michael J.; Lloyd, Jon; Ni, Jian; Wang, Han; Weerasinghe, Lasantha K.; Prentice, Iain Colin
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2018 v.35 pp. 52-64
- Angiospermae; canopy; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; carboxylation; drawdown; ecological differentiation; ecophysiology; environmental factors; leaves; models; niches; photosynthesis; prediction; transpiration; trees; tropical rain forests; Australia; China
- ... The conventional representation of Plant Functional Types (PFTs) in Dynamic Global Vegetation Models (DGVMs) is increasingly recognized as simplistic and lacking in predictive power. Key ecophysiological traits, including photosynthetic parameters, are typically assigned single values for each PFT while the substantial trait variation within PFTs is neglected. This includes continuous variation in ...
- Wang, Wenjie; Xiao, Lu; Zhang, Jinghua; Yang, Yang; Tian, Panli; Wang, Huimei; He, Xingyuan
- Urban forestry & urban greening 2018 v.35 pp. 211-220
- Internet; canopy; computer software; ecosystem services; forests; roadsides; surveys; traffic; tree and stand measurements; tree diseases; tree height; trees; urban areas; wages and remuneration; China
- ... Tree size censusing is essential for evaluations of trees and forests, but traditional field surveys are both time- and labor-intensive. Here, we discuss the use of panoramic 360-degree street views available on the Internet for censusing of roadside trees in urban regions. Use of scale-independent, fixed-sized street objects as recalibrating meters in tandem with imagery software enabled street-v ...