Jump to Main Content
- Togashi, Henrique Fürstenau; Atkin, Owen K.; Bloomfield, Keith J.; Bradford, Matt; Cao, Kunfang; Dong, Ning; Evans, Bradley J.; Fan, Zexin; Harrison, Sandy P.; Hua, Zhu; Liddell, Michael J.; Lloyd, Jon; Ni, Jian; Wang, Han; Weerasinghe, Lasantha K.; Prentice, Iain Colin
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2018 v.35 pp. 52-64
- Angiospermae; canopy; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; carboxylation; drawdown; ecological differentiation; ecophysiology; environmental factors; leaves; models; niches; photosynthesis; prediction; transpiration; trees; tropical rain forests; Australia; China
- ... The conventional representation of Plant Functional Types (PFTs) in Dynamic Global Vegetation Models (DGVMs) is increasingly recognized as simplistic and lacking in predictive power. Key ecophysiological traits, including photosynthetic parameters, are typically assigned single values for each PFT while the substantial trait variation within PFTs is neglected. This includes continuous variation in ...
- Manickathan, Lento; Defraeye, Thijs; Allegrini, Jonas; Derome, Dominique; Carmeliet, Jan
- Urban forestry & urban greening 2018 v.35 pp. 230-239
- branches; cities; drag coefficient; leaves; microclimate; models; particle image velocimetry; porosity; prediction; trees; turbulent flow; urban areas; wind; wind tunnels; winter
- ... The influence of trees in urban areas is typically assessed using urban microclimate models. These models rely on wind tunnel experiments using small-scale tree models to verify and validate their predictions of the flow field. However, it is not known sufficiently to which extent small model trees used in wind tunnel studies can recreate the behavior of large trees found in cities. In the present ...