Jump to Main Content
- Omar, Mona; Al Sayed, Nazir; Barré, Kévin; Halwani, Jalal; Machon, Nathalie
- Urban forestry & urban greening 2018 v.35 pp. 174-191
- air flow; animals; botanical composition; data collection; equipment; flora; gardens; green infrastructure; habitats; parks; plant communities; rivers; seed longevity; soil; soil compaction; solar radiation; tree trunk; trees; urban areas; urbanization; France
- ... Many studies have shown that the quality of biodiversity influences the well-being of citizens. Nevertheless, the drivers that shape biodiversity in urbanized zones are poorly understood. Although tree bases present reduced surface areas, they occur in great numbers in a deliberate spatial arrangement and may play an important ecological role in urban environments by offering limited favorable spa ...
- Guo, Tingdong; Morgenroth, Justin; Conway, Tenley
- Urban forestry & urban greening 2018 v.35 pp. 192-201
- capital; forest canopy; land cover; models; residential areas; trees; urban forests; urbanization; New Zealand
- ... The effects of urbanization on urban forest canopy cover has received significant consideration at broad scales, but little research has explored redevelopment-related influences on individual tree removal at a property scale. This study explores the effect of residential property redevelopment on individual trees in Christchurch, New Zealand. The study monitored 6966 trees on 450 residential prop ...