Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Jae-Ok; Kim, Jong-Oh; Kim, Soo-Jin; Kim, Wi-Sik; Oh, Myung-Joo
- Molecular and cellular probes 2018 v.42 pp. 18-24
- Betanodavirus; Hyporthodus septemfasciatus; RNA; RNA probes; animal tissues; cerebellum; fluorescein; genome; genomics; grouper; hypothalamus; in situ hybridization; nucleic acid hybridization; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); staining; thalamus; transcription (genetics); uridine triphosphate
- ... In situ hybridization (ISH) of genomic segments using RNA-RNA hybrid for nervous necrosis virus (NNV) detection has not been reported yet. The objective of this study was to develop RNA-ISH using RNA probes for the detection of NNV in infects SSN-1 cells or sevenband grouper Hyporthodus septemfasciatus. Two viral RNA segments viz., RNA1 and RNA2 were synthesized by in vitro transcription and label ...
- Gamba, Pamela; Zenkin, Nikolay
- Current opinion in microbiology 2018 v.42 pp. 13-18
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase; RNA; active sites; gene expression; in vivo studies; nucleosides; transcription (genetics)
- ... Accuracy of transcription is essential for productive gene expression, and the past decade has brought new understanding of the mechanisms ensuring transcription fidelity. The discovery of a new catalytic domain, the Trigger Loop, revealed that RNA polymerase can actively choose the correct substrates. Also, the intrinsic proofreading activity was found to proceed via a ribozyme-like mechanism, wh ...
- PubMed Central: