Jump to Main Content
- Gollany, Hero T.; Venterea, Rodney T.
- Journal of environmental quality 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 579-587
- agricultural management; agroecosystems; arid lands; biomass; climate; climate change; crop yield; ecosystem management; grasslands; landscapes; meta-analysis; models; pastures; soil organic carbon; temperature
- ... Adapting to the anticipated impacts of climate change is a pressing issue facing agriculture, as precipitation and temperature changes are expected to have major effects on agricultural production in many regions of the world. These changes will also affect soil organic matter decomposition and associated stocks of soil organic C (SOC), which have the potential to feed back to climate change and a ...
- Rivera, Ashley; Gunda, Thushara; Hornberger, GeorgeM.
- Ambio 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 466-476
- agricultural management; climate; climate change; crop production; decision making; farmers; irrigation water; issues and policy; planting date; rice; small-scale farming; water conservation; water requirement; water stress; Sri Lanka
- ... Climate change coupled with increasing demands for water necessitates an improved understanding of the water–food nexus at a scale local enough to inform farmer adaptations. Such assessments are particularly important for nations with significant small-scale farming and high spatial variability in climate, such as Sri Lanka. By comparing historical patterns of irrigation water requirements (IWRs) ...
- PubMed Central: