Jump to Main Content
- J C Poythress; James M Affolter
- Environmental entomology 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 890-901
- Hemiptera; biomass; cultivars; ecological function; ecological value; genotype; homeowners; host plants; indigenous species; insect communities; landscapes; ornamental plants; perennials; phytophagous insects; species richness; suburban areas
- ... Because of concerns over recent declines in overall biodiversity in suburban areas, homeowners are attempting to improve the ecological functioning of their landscapes by incorporating native plants. Native plants are important for supporting native herbivorous insects, but it is unknown whether the native plants that are commercially available, typically cultivated varieties (cultivars) of a sing ...
- C. Tokatli
- Acta alimentaria 2018 v.47 no.4 pp. 470-478
- analysis of variance; bioaccumulation; biodiversity; cluster analysis; fish; lakes; lentic systems; river deltas; tissues; toxicity; wetlands; Turkey (country)
- ... Meriç River Delta is located in the Thrace Region of Turkey, and it is one of the most important wetlands worldwide. Gala and Sığırcı Lakes, which are known as significant lakes in Turkey in terms of especial biodiversity, are located in the Meriç River Delta and they are the main lentic factors of the system. The aim of this study was to evaluate the essential and toxic element bioaccumulation le ...