Jump to Main Content
- Li, Zongyan; Yang, Kunmei; Zhao, Yanrong; Lin, Ping
- Horticulture, environment and biotechnology 2018 v.59 no.4 pp. 567-574
- DNA; Paeonia delavayi; Paeonia rockii; Paeonia suffruticosa; branches; color; cultivars; flowers; genetic background; genetic markers; genetic relationships; genetic similarity; genetic variation; germplasm; hybrids; oligodeoxyribonucleotides; phylogeny; provenance; China
- ... The Xinan tree peony cultivar group, one of four Chinese peony cultivar groups, is distributed sparsely throughout Southwest China. This study aimed to characterize its genetic diversity and its genetic relationships with other peony groups. A total of 96 specimens from seven groups of different geographical provenances were collected and their genetic similarity was analyzed based on sequence-rel ...
- Kim, Young-Cheon; Choi, Daeun; Zhang, Chunying; Liu, Hai-feng; Lee, Sanghyeob
- Horticulture, environment and biotechnology 2018 v.59 no.4 pp. 557-566
- Citrullus colocynthis; Citrullus lanatus; bitterness; cucurbitacins; cultivars; fruits; germplasm; glycosides; high performance liquid chromatography; leaves; mass spectrometry; plant tissues; quantitative analysis; seedlings; triterpenoids; watermelons
- ... Cucurbitacins are a group of tetracyclic triterpenes produced by members of the Cucurbitaceae family that are known for their bitter taste, and have both positive and negative attributes based on their use. The aim of the present study was to profile cucurbitacins through the quantitative analysis of diverse watermelon (Citrullus spp.) germplasms, including Citrullus colocynthis and Citrullus lana ...