Jump to Main Content
- Ubeyitogullari, Ali; Brahma, Sandrayee; Rose, Devin J.; Ciftci, Ozan N.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9490-9497
- aerogels; cooking; crosslinking; functional foods; gelatinization temperature; in vitro digestibility; ingredients; nanopores; phosphorus; resistant starch; sodium; wheat starch; xerogels
- ... This study reports the in vitro digestibility of starch aerogels for the first time. The relative crystallinities of the wheat starch aerogels (WSAs) produced at gelatinization temperatures of 120 °C (WSA-120C), 130 °C (WSA-130C), and 120 °C with the addition of sodium metaphosphate (STMP) (WSA-STMP) and xerogel were similar. However, WSA-120C showed the highest amylose–lipid complex content. The ...
- Qin, Xinguang; Yuan, Dan; Wang, Qi; Hu, Zhongze; Wu, Yang; Cai, Jie; Huang, Qingrong; Li, Shuyi; Liu, Gang
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9556-9564
- Maillard reaction products; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; color; dispersions; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; functional foods; glucose; heat stability; heat treatment; hydrophobic bonding; industrial applications; ingredients; pH; particle size; whey protein isolate
- ... The poor thermal and acid stabilities of anthocyanins greatly limit their industrial applications as functional food ingredients. This work investigated the ability of the Maillard reaction products (MRPs) of whey protein isolates and glucose to enhance the thermal stability of anthocyanins over the pH range of 2.0–7.0. Anthocyanin dispersions were subjected to up to 120 min of thermal treatment a ...