Jump to Main Content
- Gutfreund, Carola; Makrakis, Sergio; Castro-Santos, Theodore; Celestino, Leandro Fernandes; Dias, João Henrique Pinheiro; Makrakis, Maristela Cavicchioli
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1848-1856
- fish; fish ladders; migratory behavior; migratory species; rivers
- ... We evaluated the effectiveness of the fish ladder at Porto Primavera Dam in the severely regulated Upper Paraná River, for two Neotropical migratory fish species. Overall, 564 fish (448Megaleporinus obtusidens and 116M. piavussu) were PIT-tagged, released in upstream and downstream areas (on the left and right banks), and monitored continuously for 4 years. The fish performed two-way movements thr ...
- Bido, Adriane F.; Urbinati, Elisabeth C.; Makrakis, Maristela C.; Celestino, Leandro F.; Serra, Mônica; Makrakis, Sergio
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1814-1821
- Prochilodus lineatus; adults; body weight; cortisol; dams (hydrology); females; fish; fish ladders; glucose; hematocrit; lactic acid; males; migratory behavior; rivers; Brazil
- ... This study investigated whether fish ladder transposition is a stressful event for the streaked prochilod, Prochilodus lineatus, in a dam on the Upper Paraná River, Brazil. Bodyweight, standard length and plasma concentrations of cortisol, glucose, lactate, chloride and haematocrit were measured in 48 adult fish (male and female) that were sampled downstream and upstream of the dam and on the fish ...