Jump to Main Content
- Gutfreund, Carola; Makrakis, Sergio; Castro-Santos, Theodore; Celestino, Leandro Fernandes; Dias, João Henrique Pinheiro; Makrakis, Maristela Cavicchioli
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1848-1856
- fish; fish ladders; migratory behavior; migratory species; rivers
- ... We evaluated the effectiveness of the fish ladder at Porto Primavera Dam in the severely regulated Upper Paraná River, for two Neotropical migratory fish species. Overall, 564 fish (448Megaleporinus obtusidens and 116M. piavussu) were PIT-tagged, released in upstream and downstream areas (on the left and right banks), and monitored continuously for 4 years. The fish performed two-way movements thr ...
- Loures, Raquel Coelho; Pompeu, Paulo Santos
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1983-1994
- basins; fish; habitats; herbivores; introduced species; inventories; lotic systems; migratory behavior; migratory species; monitoring; species richness; water power; watersheds; Brazil
- ... In reservoir cascades, effects on fish assemblages are expected to strengthen over time and transfer from one reservoir to an adjacent one. To test this, fish-assemblage data from 23 years of monitoring in the Araguari reservoir cascade system, upper Paraná River basin, were analysed. The results showed a clear reduction in richness of native and migratory fish species and an increase of non-nativ ...