Jump to Main Content
- Ceschin, Fernanda; Bini, Luis Mauricio; Padial, André Andrian
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 377-389
- community structure; dams (hydrology); ecosystems; fish; fish communities; floodplains; hydrology; introduced species; macrophytes; models; oligotrophication; rivers; species diversity; temporal variation; uncertainty
- ... We investigated correlates of long-term temporal variation in the beta diversity of macrophytes, sedentary fish, and migratory fish communities in the Upper Paraná River floodplain. Two metrics of among-site variation in community composition were calculated in up to 45 sampling periods over 12 years for each biological group. We then tested the following beta diversity correlates: richness and pr ...
- Selmeczy, Géza B.; Krienitz, Lothar; Casper, Peter; Padisák, Judit
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 259-271
- Planktothrix rubescens; climate change; community structure; ecosystems; lakes; models; phytoplankton; Germany
- ... A number of modelling results suggested thermocline shifts as a consequence of global climate change in stratifying lakes. Abundance and composition of the phytoplankton assemblage is strongly affected by the stratification patterns, and therefore, change in the thermocline position might have a substantial effect on this community or even on the whole lake ecosystem. In this study, thermocline de ...