Jump to Main Content
- Xie, Zhenyang; Ge, Huilin; Du, Jiayan; Duan, Tao; Yang, Guangcheng; He, Yi
- Analytical chemistry 2018 v.90 no.19 pp. 11665-11670
- alkaline hydrolysis; color; colorimetry; detection limit; emulsions; explosives; ions; mobile telephones; nitrites; nitrous acid; quantitative analysis; temperature
- ... We report a visual colorimetric assay for detection of nitramine explosives such as 1,3,5-trinitro-1,3,5-triazinane (RDX) and 1,3,5,7-tetranitro-1,3,5,7-tetrazocane (HMX) using a smartphone. This assay is based on compartmentalizing incompatible tandem reactions in Pickering emulsions. The alkaline hydrolysis of RDX or HMX in one Pickering emulsion produces nitrite ions, which autodiffuse into the ...
- Mehta, Pramod Kumar; Hwang, Gi Won; Park, Joohee; Lee, Keun-Hyeung
- Analytical chemistry 2018 v.90 no.19 pp. 11256-11264
- EDTA (chelating agent); aluminum; aqueous solutions; binding capacity; colorimetry; detection limit; electronic equipment; emissions factor; fluorescence; fluorescent dyes; groundwater; humans; indium; manufacturing; mobile telephones; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pH; phosphates; resorcinol; tap water
- ... Indium is one of the most widely used scarce metals for manufacturing various electronic devices including notebooks, mobile phones, and PC monitors. Recent studies revealed that indium and its compound could cause several toxicities to human beings and animals. However, there is no report about ratiometric fluorescent detection of In(III) in aqueous solutions. We synthesized a fluorescent probe ( ...