Jump to Main Content
- Whitlock, Steven L.; Quist, Michael C.; Dux, Andrew M.
- Northwest science 2018 v.92 no.2 pp. 136-148
- Oncorhynchus nerka; fish; hatcheries; lakes; models; Idaho
- ... Resource managers have been attempting to recover the kokanee (Oncorhynchus nerka) population in Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho for more than three decades using an annual stocking program and an experimental water-level management strategy. This study evaluated the effect of both management actions on kokanee recruitment. A bootstrap-based generalized Ricker model was used to test if wild kokanee recru ...
- Call, Ryan S.; Whiting, Jericho C.; Doering, Bill; Lowe, Joe; Englestead, Devin; Frye, Justin; Stefanic, Todd; Wright, Gary
- Northwest science 2018 v.92 no.2 pp. 158-165
- Chiroptera; anthropogenic activities; caves; habitats; land use; planning; roosting behavior; white-nose syndrome; Idaho
- ... Bats are being impacted by many threats (e.g., human disturbance of maternity roost sites and white-nose syndrome). Bat maternity roosts are a limited resource, and bats exhibit strong fidelity to these sites; therefore, identifying these features and conserving the surrounding habitat are important for bat management. Southern Idaho consists of the largest, contiguous volcanic pseudokarst area in ...