Jump to Main Content
- Albanese, Pascal; Manfredi, Marcello; Re, Angela; Marengo, Emilio; Saracco, Guido; Pagliano, Cristina
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.4 pp. 786-800
- H+/K+-exchanging ATPase; H-transporting ATP synthase; Pisum sativum; acclimation; amino acid sequences; chlorophyll; electron transfer; environmental factors; light harvesting complex; light intensity; lutein; peas; photosystem II; protein isoforms; protein synthesis; protein transport; proteome; proteomics; radiation use efficiency; thylakoids; transcriptomics
- ... Plant thylakoid membranes contain hundreds of proteins that closely interact to cope with ever‐changing environmental conditions. We investigated how Pisum sativum L. (pea) grown at different irradiances optimizes light‐use efficiency through the differential accumulation of thylakoid proteins. Thylakoid membranes from plants grown under low (LL), moderate (ML) and high (HL) light intensity were c ...
- Zraik, Mohanad; Booth, Tom; Piercey-Normore, Michele D.
- Botany 2018 v.96 no.4 pp. 267-279
- environmental factors; habitats; land restoration; lichens; organic matter; sand; sand fraction; secondary metabolites; soil pH; soil stabilization; species diversity; thin layer chromatography; usnic acid; Manitoba
- ... Many lichen secondary metabolites have functions related to the environmental conditions of lichen habitats but few studies have compared soil characteristics with lichen species composition or their secondary products. The goal of this study was to investigate the relationship between soil characteristics with lichen species composition and secondary metabolites. Five locations were chosen in Man ...