Jump to Main Content
- Luciano N. Segura; María S. Bó
- Emu 2018 v.118 no.2 pp. 218-223
- Circus; agricultural land; breeding; grasslands; habitats; nesting; nests; phenology; population dynamics; survival rate; Argentina
- ... We present novel data on breeding ecology and nest survival of the Cinereous (Circus cinereus) and Long-winged (C. buffoni) Harriers in modified grasslands of southern Argentina and we evaluate variations in daily nest survival rates (DSR) in relation to temporal and habitat variables. We studied three mixed nesting colonies embedded in agricultural landscapes along a road. We found that DSR decre ...
- Gimena Vilardo; Pedro M. Tognetti; Adelia González-Arzac; Laura Yahdjian
- Acta oecologica 2018 v.91 pp. 57-64
- Blattodea; Collembola; Hymenoptera; Isopoda; agricultural land; bacteria; biogeochemical cycles; ecological invasion; food webs; fungi; grasses; grasslands; introduced plants; landscapes; phytomass; plant communities; secondary succession; soil arthropods; soil respiration; soil temperature; soil-plant interactions; species richness; Argentina
- ... Secondary succession after agriculture abandonment (old-fields) is mostly dominated by exotic grass species. Non-native plant invasions may alter soil fauna, potentially inducing plant-soil feedbacks. Despite their importance in nutrient cycling and plant-soil interactions, meso and macrofauna received less attention than bacteria or fungi. Here we compared the composition of the soil arthropod co ...