Jump to Main Content
- Lacombe, R.J. Scott; Kratz, Richard J.; Holub, Bruce J.
- Nutrition research 2018 v.53 pp. 85-91
- alpha-linolenic acid, etc ; Adequate Intakes; Canadians; Dietary Reference Intakes; children; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; enriched foods; fish; gas chromatography; omega-3 fatty acids; seafood consumption; toddlers; North America; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... To date, few studies have evaluated the intake of dietary n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) in young North American children and current estimates are based on indirect approaches which have concerning limitations. Furthermore, there is a lack of available knowledge regarding the proportion of children meeting current dietary recommendations for the consumption of long-chain n-3 PUFA as α-lin ...
- Henno, Merike; Ariko, Tiia; Kaart, Tanel; Kuusik, Sirje; Ling, Katri; Kass, Marko; Jaakson, Hanno; Leming, Ragnar; Givens, D Ian; Sterna, Vita; Ots, Meelis
- The Journal of dairy research 2018 v.85 no.2 pp. 247-250
- alpha-linolenic acid, etc ; Adequate Intakes; bulk milk; corn; dairy cows; fatty acid composition; field experimentation; forage; grazing; humans; lipid content; methane; milk; milk consumption; seasonal variation; silage; supermarkets; Estonia; Latvia; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The study reported in this Research Communication compared retail milks’ FA profiles from two neighbouring countries, estimated the potential contributions of these milks and a designer milk (achieved by changing the diet of the dairy cow) to the recommended human dietary intake of FA, and predicted (based on the milk FA profile) methane emission from dairy cows. Retail milks in Estonia and Latvia ...