Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Ah Young; Lee, Myoung Hee; Lee, Sanghyun; Cho, Eun Ju
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.19 pp. 4853-4861
- alpha-linolenic acid, etc ; Alzheimer disease; amyloid; brain; cell death; cell viability; inducible nitric oxide synthase; inflammation; interleukins; messenger RNA; neurodegenerative diseases; neuroglia; neuroprotective effect; neurotoxicity; nitric oxide; patients; prostaglandin synthase; protein content; reactive oxygen species; signal transduction; therapeutics; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Therapeutic approaches for neurodegeneration, such as Alzheimer’s disease (AD), have been widely studied. One of the critical hallmarks of AD is accumulation of amyloid beta (Aβ). Aβ induces neurotoxicity and releases inflammatory mediators or cytokines through activation of glial cell, and these pathological features are observed in AD patient’s brain. The purpose of this study is to investigate ...
- Lee, AhYoung; Lee, Myoung-Hee; Lee, Sanghyun; Cho, EunJu
- Han'guk Ŭngyong Saengmyŏng Hwahakhoe chi = 2018 v.61 no.1 pp. 61-71
- alpha-linolenic acid, etc ; Alzheimer disease; amyloid; apoptosis; brain; cell viability; enzyme activity; humans; lactate dehydrogenase; mechanism of action; metalloproteinases; necrosis; neurons; neuroprotective effect; neurotoxicity; omega-3 fatty acids; plant fats and oils; protein content; protein synthesis; signal transduction; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is an omega-3 fatty acid from plant oils, has been reported to have beneficial effects on human brain health. However, the protective effect of ALA and its mechanism of action against amyloid beta (Aβ)-mediated neurotoxicity, neuronal apoptosis and amyloid precursor protein (APP) processing are unclear. To investigate the neuroprotective effect of ALA, we treated ...