Jump to Main Content
- Rani, Arti; Panwar, Asha; Sathe, Manjary; Kush, Anil
- Journal of plant biochemistry and biotechnology 2018 v.27 no.3 pp. 272-283
- alpha-linolenic acid, etc ; Arabidopsis; Carthamus tinctorius; beta-conglycinin; coculture; explants; genes; genetically modified organisms; linoleic acid; oils; oilseed crops; paper; protocols; seeds; sonication; tissue culture; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Plant transformation has emerged as an important tool to integrate foreign genes in the plant genome to modify the plants for desired traits. Though many techniques of plant transformation are available; getting single copy transgenic events and cost associated remains a big challenge. Thus Agrobacterium-mediated transformation remains the method of choice due to multiple advantages. In the presen ...
- Rani, Arti; Panwar, Asha; Sathe, Manjary; Chandrashekhara, KarunakaraAlageri; Kush, Anil
- Transgenic research 2018 v.27 no.3 pp. 253-263
- alpha-linolenic acid, etc ; Arabidopsis; Carthamus tinctorius; aquaculture; aquatic food webs; autoimmune diseases; biofortification; cardiovascular diseases; dioxins; fatty acid composition; fish consumption; fish oils; genetic engineering; heavy metals; hypocotyls; ingestion; linoleic acid; long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids; marine ecosystems; metabolic engineering; oilseed crops; omega-3 fatty acids; pollution; seeds; toxic substances; transgenic plants; vegetarian diet; wild fish; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) deficiency and a skewed n6:n3 fatty acid ratio in the diet is a major explanation for the prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and inflammatory/autoimmune diseases. There is mounting evidence of the health benefits associated with omega-3 long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LC PUFA’s). Although present in abundance in fish, a number of factors limit our consumption ...