Jump to Main Content
- Du, Mingxia, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Theoretical and applied climatology 2018 v.131 no.3-4 pp. 1221-1234
- air temperature; climate models; latitude; longitude; mountains; sea level; seasonal variation; summer; watersheds; weather stations; winter; China
- ... Lapse rates of near-surface (2 m) air temperature are important parameters in hydrologic and climate simulations, especially for the mountainous areas without enough in-situ observations. In Xinjiang, northwestern China, the elevations range from higher than 7000 m to lower than sea level, but the existing long-term meteorological measurements are limited and distributed unevenly. To calculate lap ...
- Li, Mingxia, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2018 v.77 no.6 pp. 228
- carbon; climate; forests; karsts; land cover; latitude; methane; monsoon season; oxygen; solar radiation; stable isotopes; summer; China
- ... Precession is the major orbital control of monsoon intensity, but the monsoonal response to the transition between precessional cycles has yet to be explored. Here, we present an Asian Summer Monsoon history that spans 327.7–280.5 ka BP based on a ²³⁰Th-dated and centennially resolved multi-proxy speleothem record from Yongxing Cave, central China. The δ¹⁸O profile, a proxy of monsoon intensity, f ...