Jump to Main Content
- Soheila Rahmani; Nazila Pour Khalili; Fazlullah Khan; Shokoufeh Hassani; Elmira Ghafour-Boroujerdi; Mohammad Abdollahi
- Life sciences 2018 v.214 pp. 136-144
- DNA methylation; adipocytes; animals; bisphenol A; demethylation; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; epigenetics; estrogenic properties; fatty liver; genes; glucose; histones; homeostasis; insulin; islets of Langerhans; lipids; liver; microRNA; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; obesity; pollution; skeletal muscle; toxicity
- ... Nowadays, endocrine disrupting chemical pollution has become one of the major concerns due to the potential role of these chemicals in provoking endocrine disorders especially type 2 diabetes. As a widespread endocrine disrupting chemical, Bisphenol A, with modest estrogenic activity can exert its detrimental effects in the different organs involved in type 2 diabetes such as pancreas, liver, adip ...
- Y. Zhuo; J. Wang; H. Liu; D. Mou; T. Adebowale; L. Che; Z. Fang; S. Xu; G. Liu; Y. Lin; B. Feng; N. Abdullah Al-Dhabi; J. Li; V. Duraipandiyan; D. Wu
- Animal 2018 v.12 no.6 pp. 1306-1315
- DNA methylation; bisphenol A; dietary supplements; enzyme activity; glycogen; glycogen (starch) synthase; glycolysis; lactate dehydrogenase; lactic acid; longissimus muscle; maternal exposure; maternal nutrition; messenger RNA; pH; pork; pork quality; pregnancy; progeny; sows; swine finishing
- ... To explore the effects of maternal nutrition on offspring muscle characteristics, a total of 56 sows were assigned to one of the four dietary groups during gestation: control (CON), or control diets supplemented with methyl donor (MET), bisphenol A (BPA), and combined BPA and MET (BPA+MET). Compared with CON offspring, MET offspring showed a higher meat redness value, but lower glycogen content in ...
- Xiaoli Wang; Yunbo Wei; Tao Guo; Jinpeng Yuan; Rusong Zhao
- Toxicological and environmental chemistry 2018 v.100 no.2 pp. 258-266
- DNA methylation; apoptosis; bisphenol A; breast neoplasms; breasts; cell growth; chemokines; environmental science; epigenetics; gene expression; genes; humans; neoplasm cells
- ... In this research, epigenetic effects of bisphenol A (BPA) on human breast cancer MCF-7 cells were analyzed. Genome-wide DNA methylation and gene expression were analyzed in MCF-7 cells exposed to BPA (10⁻⁵ and 10⁻⁶ mol/L for 5 weeks). No significant changes in the global level of 5-methyl-2′-deoxycytidine and 5-hydroxymethyl-2′-deoxycytidine were observed. DNA methylation profiling analysis indica ...