Jump to Main Content
- Grundy, Myriam M.L.; McClements, David J.; Ballance, Simon; Wilde, Peter J.
- Food hydrocolloids 2018 v.83 pp. 253-264
- Helianthus annuus, etc ; analytical methods; aqueous solutions; beta-glucans; bran; digestibility; droplets; emulsions; flocculation; flour; guar gum; hydrocolloids; hydrodynamics; light microscopy; light scattering; lipids; lipolysis; models; molecular weight; oats; rheology; viscosity; water solubility; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Depletion flocculation is a well-known instability mechanism that can occur in oil-in-water emulsions when the concentration of non-adsorbed polysaccharide exceeds a certain level. This critical flocculation concentration depends on the molecular characteristics of the polysaccharide molecules, such as their molecular weight and hydrodynamic radius. In this study, a range of analytical methods (dy ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bonnafous, Fanny; Fievet, Ghislain; Blanchet, Nicolas; Boniface, Marie-Claude; Carrère, Sébastien; Gouzy, Jérôme; Legrand, Ludovic; Marage, Gwenola; Bret-Mestries, Emmanuelle; Munos, Stéphane; Pouilly, Nicolas; Vincourt, Patrick; Langlade, Nicolas; Mangin, Brigitte
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2018 v.131 no.2 pp. 319-332
- Helianthus annuus, etc ; crops; crossing; females; flowering date; genome-wide association study; genomics; genotyping; heterosis; hybrids; males; models; quantitative trait loci; single nucleotide polymorphism; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE: This study compares five models of GWAS, to show the added value of non-additive modeling of allelic effects to identify genomic regions controlling flowering time of sunflower hybrids. Genome-wide association studies are a powerful and widely used tool to decipher the genetic control of complex traits. One of the main challenges for hybrid crops, such as maize or sunflower, is to mod ...
- PubMed Central: