Jump to Main Content
- Bulgiba, Awang, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2018 v.118 no.7 pp. 1249-1262.e3
- animal-based foods; chronic diseases; cross-sectional studies; eating habits; factor analysis; fast foods; food frequency questionnaires; food intake; labor force; legumes; lifestyle; models; nationalities and ethnic groups; public schools; refined grains; risk factors; sugar sweetened beverages; teachers; variance; vegetables; Malaysia
- ... Dietary pattern analysis is a complementary method to nutrient analysis in evaluating overall diet–disease hypotheses. Although studies have been conducted to derive dietary patterns among Malaysians, their consistency across subgroups has not been examined.The study aimed to derive dietary patterns empirically and to examine the consistency and generalizability of patterns across sex, ethnicity, ...
- Bulgiba, Awang, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of medical entomology 2018 v.55 no.2 pp. 269-276
- Anaplasma bovis; Anaplasma marginale; Anaplasma phagocytophilum; Anaplasma platys; DNA; Ehrlichia chaffeensis; anaplasmosis; antibodies; ehrlichiosis; farm labor; farmed animal species; fluorescent antibody technique; forests; genes; immunoglobulin G; indigenous peoples; monitoring; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; serological surveys; seroprevalence; ticks; villages; wildlife; zoonoses; Malaysia
- ... Little information is available on human anaplasmosis and ehrlichiosis in Southeast Asia despite increasing reports of the detection of Anaplasma spp. and Ehrlichia spp. in the ticks. We report herein the serological findings against the tick-borne pathogens in a group of animal farm workers (n = 87) and indigenous people (n = 102) in Peninsular Malaysia. IgG antibodies against Ehrlichia chaffeens ...