Jump to Main Content
- Ozgun Deliismail; Bertan Ozdogru; Erol Seker
- Bioresource technology reports 2018 v.3 pp. 205-210
- Nannochloropsis; acidity; biofuels; catalysts; catalytic activity; dewatering; esters; fatty acids; fuel production; harvesting; hydrochloric acid; microalgae; nickel; nitric acid; polyols; polysaccharides; seawater; sodium chloride; sulfuric acid; temperature
- ... The aim of this work was to study the production of biofuels from marine Nannochloropsis oculata without harvesting and dewatering over the single step sol-gel made alumina-silicate supported nickel catalysts at 80 °C and 1.0 atm. Sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, and nitric acid were used in the sol-gel to study the effect of acid type on catalyst activities. The catalyst made using sulfuric acid ...
- Tom M.M. Bernaerts; Lore Gheysen; Clare Kyomugasho; Zahra Jamsazzadeh Kermani; Stéphanie Vandionant; Imogen Foubert; Marc E. Hendrickx; Ann M. Van Loey
- Algal research 2018 v.32 pp. 150-161
- Arthrospira platensis; Chlorella vulgaris; Nannochloropsis; Phaeodactylum tricornutum; Porphyridium cruentum; Schizochytrium; Tetraselmis chuii; biomass; cell walls; functional foods; ingredients; lipids; microalgae; monosaccharides; polysaccharides; proteins; sulfates; uronic acids
- ... Microalgae are rich in several nutritional and health-beneficial components, showing great potential as functional food ingredients. To this extent, knowledge of the biomass composition is essential in the selection of suitable microalgae species for specific food applications. Surprisingly, although cell wall polysaccharides are generally reported to play a role in functionality, limited attentio ...