Jump to Main Content
- Jansen, Henrik Løseth; Dahl, Svein Olaf; Nielsen, Pål Ringkjøb
- Scandinavia, etc ; bedrock; floods; glaciation; glaciers; glaciofluvial deposits; ice; lakes; sedimentation rate; snowmelt; Norway; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The course of the ‘Little Ice Age’ (LIA) in Scandinavia is characterized by large glacier advances that started at about AD 1300 and culminated at about AD 1750. The end of the LIA is marked as an unprecedented and ongoing glacier retreat that accelerated from the early 20th century. The course of the LIA is here presented based on fluctuations of Austerdalsisen, the largest valley outlet glacier ...
- Svarva, Helene Løvstrand; Thun, Terje; Kirchhefer, Andreas Joachim; Nesje, Atle
- Scandinavia, etc ; North Atlantic Oscillation; Pinus sylvestris; cold; dendroclimatology; glaciers; growth rings; mountains; storms; summer; temperature; tree growth; uncertainty; Norway; Sweden; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... A ring-width Pinus sylvestris chronology from Sogndal in western Norway was created, covering the period AD 1240–2008 and allowing for reconstruction of monthly mean July temperatures. This reconstruction is the first of its kind from western Norway and it aims to densify the existing network of temperature-sensitive tree-ring proxy series to better understand past temperature variability in the ‘ ...