Jump to Main Content
- Pinares, Rubén; Gutiérrez, Gustavo Augusto; Cruz, Alan; Morante, Renzo; Cervantes, Isabel; Burgos, Alonso; Gutiérrez, Juan Pablo
- Small ruminant research 2018 v.165 pp. 93-100
- alpacas, etc ; demonstration farms; genetic correlation; heritability; males; pedigree; statistical models; Peru; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The aim of this research was to estimate for the first time the heritability and genetic relationship between medullation and fiber diameter in each fiber by itself. A total of 21,600 fibers from 36 samples from white fleeces, 600 fibers each sample, from males between 0.4 and 10.4 years old from Pacomarca experimental farm (Inca Group, Puno, Peru) were tested using projection microscope (PM). The ...
- Castro, ANC; Díaz, MC; Mendoza‐Torres, GJ; Llerena‐Zavala, CA; Ghezzi, MD; Barbeito, CG
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2018 v.53 no.3 pp. 655-666
- alpacas, etc ; Vicugna pacos; adults; bone formation; breeding; embryogenesis; environmental factors; fetus; gestational age; interspecific variation; pregnancy; slaughter; slaughterhouses; stomach; Andes region; Peru; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The breeding of South American camelids is the main economic activity of the high Andean region of South America and it, is potentially, the most profitable resource in of the Puna environmental conditions of the Puna. The duration of the gestation in alpaca is 339.7 ± 12 days. The objective of the present work was to macroscopically and microscopically describe the ontogenic development of the sp ...