Jump to Main Content
- Govendir, M.
- Journal of veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics 2018 v.41 no.1 pp. 1-10
- chlamydiosis, etc ; Eucalyptus; Phascolarctos cinereus; absorption; blood proteins; chloramphenicol; cryptococcosis; diet; enrofloxacin; fluconazole; leaves; marbofloxacin; medicine; pharmacodynamics; pharmacokinetics; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Although koalas are iconic Australian animals, no pharmacokinetic studies of any first‐line medicines used to treat diseased or injured koalas had been published prior to 2010. Traditionally, medicine dosages suggested for this species underwent linear extrapolation from those recommended for domesticated species. The koala, a specialist folivore whose natural diet consists of almost exclusively E ...
- Grogan, Laura F.; Peel, Alison J.; Kerlin, Douglas; Ellis, William; Jones, Darryl; Hero, Jean-Marc; McCallum, Hamish
- Biological conservation 2018 v.221 pp. 334-344
- chlamydiosis, etc ; Chlamydiaceae; Phascolarctos cinereus; case studies; demography; issues and policy; mortality; natural resources conservation; pathogens; planning; population dynamics; wild animals; wildlife; wildlife management; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Determining the role of an infectious agent in contributing to wildlife population declines is a pervasive problem in the field of conservation biology. We expand on a recently proposed broad investigative approach for disease, with a systematic framework outlining the specific types of individual- and population-scale empirical evidence required to demonstrate whether a pathogen is a component ca ...